SG2 / R2
Knives & Stones is proud to be the first vendor to receive the latest offering from Sukenari: Stainless sanmai double-bevel knives featuring the famous Takefu SuperGold 2 (SG2 / R2) steel.
The SG2 / R2 is arguably the most balanced powdered steel for kitchen knives, reasons being:
- Excellent edge retention like all PM (Powdered Metallurgy) steel
- Fine-grained, enables smaller sharpening angle therefore better cutting performance
- Low Abrasion Resistance among PM steel types
I am so humbled by the affirmation of Master Hanaki, so I decided to give the Sukenari SG2 line a special touch, the SG2 line will receive:
- A saya engraved with Sukenari's Kanji logo ("佑成").
- A specially designed ebony handle with marble / blonde buffalo horn ferrule and Sukenari's logo engraved at the back
Hope you enjoy another unique offering from Knives & Stones!