Mazaki is a one-man opeartion based in Sanjo, Niigata. His knife is artistically beautful, and from the very beginning with very high level of Fit and Finish. I didn't look further into it as its cutting style was not my preference.
A while ago I was able to sample his latest work and was thoroughly impressed by how much it has imporved. His knife now cuts much better than his earlier ones. I would definitely rate it amongst some of the best Sanjo knives out there because:
* Trained under Kato-san, excellent heat treatment;
* Tall and long profile, edge has excellent sweet spot;
* Signature Sanjo grind, with thick spine at the heel, and aggressive taper;
* Thin behind the edge with excellent cutting performance and food release.
* Stainless clad with Hitachi White 2 core, classic carbon cutting feedback with minimal maintenance
I am super happy that I can offer you, my fellow knife enthusiasts, another top qualtiy knife from Sanjo.